27 January 2014

DEAR AMY GLASS,


No Amy Glass, the point of having kids is not to keep a woman from being lonely. As you [should] know, children grow up and have lives for themselves.  I don’t think you will ever understand why a couple decides to have a child. 

I am an EXCEPTIONAL wife and a mother. One of those people you look down on. I am a little confused on why you would look down on another woman just because her dreams in life are different then your own.  I am a very traditional person. I never wanted a successful business career; a busy 9-5 with big pay checks and bonuses to cover my designer shoes and weekly mainis. Does that mean I lack ambition? Not at all.

I am living my dream. Why would you look down on me for that? Why do you call my job stupid? My husband thinks managing a household is important. It is my half of our team effort. You think doing laundry isn’t important? Then please, go to your fancy job with dirty clothes on.

I feel accomplished after a day of cleaning poop and puke, keeping the home clean, completing laundry and getting meals prepared.  You may feel accomplished after holding a great presentation, or writing a blog. We both feel accomplished. What makes you a better woman? Is it that you don’t need a man?

You look down on me for choosing this?

 
 


LOL!!! That’s funny. But go ahead.

You want to look down on me for choosing this?

 
I’m a little offended.

They are not holding me back from being exceptional. I am exceptional because of them. You think I will have no great accomplishments in life? Lady, I have had two hearts beating in my body at ONCE. I grew and gave birth to two humans. If you think this is no great accomplishment, then please try it.  I am raising two babies to become good and productive people for our future world.  They are and will be my greatest accomplishment in life.  If I became the president of the United States, that would not change. They would still be my greatest accomplishment. 

I will never look down on my daughter, whether she grows up to be a house wife, a stay at home mom, a business woman, or a doctor.  I will raise her to accomplish her dreams no matter what they are and to support other women instead of looking down on them for having different dreams and life choices.
Women will be equal with men when we quit acting like little school girls and putting each other down in on-line blogs.

You know, I never heard of you until your blog entry made headlines.  

My greatest accomplishment: being an exceptional wife and mother. Your greatest accomplishment? Looking down on others. Who is the better woman?

4 comments:

  1. Marisa you are an awesome women for the job you are doing and this chick has a few screws loose to say the least. I have a degree and guess what I still chose to be a Mom when it came to it and now that my kids are getting older and I could start a career I don't want to because I want to do it the way I do it. I do what I do for others because I like to do it not for validation of anyone. I actually feel very uncomfortable when people want to "applaud" me for being me because seeing another person excel due to my guidance is all of the reward that I need whether it be my child, a fellow Army wife, or any body in society.
    You are a Super Hero with way more worth than she will ever receive!! So glad to be able to call you friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lady has absalutely zero experience and she obvioualy did zero reaserch on the topic she wrote about. Then in itself makes a flawed and incomplete synopsis. That in itself makes me wonder how she achived an education to become a "powerhouse". Its seems as of she is trying to justify the parts of her life she is failing at. I would sugest a psychologist rather than a blog spewing hate and misinformation. ~ Lacey Esra~Wells

    ReplyDelete
  3. You tell her! There is no greater accomplishment in life than to give birth to a child that you carried and nurtured! Very well written!!

    ReplyDelete